Friday, September 30, 2011

Great Autumn Movies

Okay so before i start this post I have to tell you a story!
So i am very excited about Christmas, I love it! (only 86 days!) and I was talking to my mom and about Christmas and i was going on and on about how i can't wait ect. and we went to go watch TV for a bit and when she turned on the TV the CHRISTMAS MOVIE SCROOGED was on!!! how freaky is that?!

Okay back to my post.


So I was walking to school today and I saw that most of the leaves have turned yellow or have fallen down to the ground. This got me excited! There are some movies that I just love to watch while I'm curled up my a fire and some hot coco on a autumn night. I am going to share some with you, some are old and some are REALLY old but I hope that if you haven't seen one you will try to watch it!

By the way this list isn't from most favorite to least favorite it's just in random order.

1.  Dan In Real Life:
It Is about a widower (Steve Carrel) with three daughters finds out the woman he fell in love with is his brother's girlfriend. If you need a good laugh or a good family movie this is the one you want! It is so funny and also heartwarming


2. You've Got Mail 1998: 
This one is about Two business rivals that hate each other at the office but fall in love over the Internet and they don't even know it. This movie is also very funny and cute! This a remake of an old classic movie In the Good Ol' Summer town with Judy Garland, I also think it was done once before that. Anyway it's a great late night movie.



3. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving:  
You can never go wrong with Charlie brown! Peppermint Patty invites herself and her friends over to Charlie Brown's for Thanksgiving, and with Linus, Snoopy, and Woodstock, he attempts to throw together a Thanksgiving dinner. I love Charlie Brown as you will see as soon as the Holiday season starts, so of course i will watch this until Thanksgiving is over and then Halloween starts. Then it will be It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!!! :) 



4. The Wizard Of Oz: 
I hope you know what this movie is about! It's a classic! for some reason you don't It's about Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) who is swept away to a magical land in a tornado and embarks on a quest to see the Wizard who can help her return home.I love this movie so much! but for some reason when i watch it in the autumn it's just so much better :)



5. Meet Me in St.Louis:
Other Judy Garland movie :) But this movie was one of her best and also one of Judy's personal favorites. It takes place in the year before the 1904 St Louis World's Fair, the four Smith daughters learn lessons of life and love, even as they prepare for a reluctant move to New York. There is a great Halloween scene with the wonderful Margret O'Brien! This one also could be watched at Christmas since it was the first time the song "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas" was performed. This movie is also a great family film.




6. Planes, Train, and Automobiles:
This movie is about a man that is struggling to travel home for Thanksgiving, and he has an obnoxious slob of a shower ring salesman as his only companion.This is movie is sooooo soooo soo SOOOOOOO funny if you love John Candy or Steve Martin this is the movie for you! I love watching this movie because it was also my grandmothers favorite and it reminds me of her.



I am only giving you 6 movies because if i keep going on and on and on about movies  we might get to like 45 movies and then you will get tired of reading this.
I hope you go and try to watch some of these with your family or love ones, Because they truly are great autumn movies.

I got most of the movie summaries from www.IMDB.com

No comments:

Post a Comment